[About this Article]
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup (6 oz) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 oz) butterscotch chips (can be substituted with peanut butter chips)
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- Stir in cereal.
- Press into a greased cookie sheet or a large, flat tupperware tub.
- Microwave chocolate and butterscotch chips in a bowl for about 1 minute.
- Microwave for additional 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Spread over cereal mixture.
- Let set until firm. Cut into bars.