Fun With Scammers
I get a ridiculous number of scam calls almost every day, usually from India. Sometimes it's fun to play with them; if they're gonna waste my time, I'm gonna waste their time and hopefully delay them from finding a victim who will actually fall for their scam.
The best way to mess with a scammer is to share a fake persona with them. Here are some quick resources for faking out scammers on the phone.
- Fake Address Generator — Pick a country and state, then mash GO. A handful of fake addresses in and around your selected region will be generated.
Fake Credit Card Generator — Provide scammers with a fake credit card number that will pass general pre-purchase credit card validation. Conveniently this also generates CVV, expiration date, and cardholder name. It also generates an address, but only the street.
- Test Credit Card / Bank Account Numbers — Alternatively, you can use some credit card or bank numbers that are used by software developers to test non-live transactions in development mode. They too will validate.
- Fake Phone Number — Here's my favorite fake 7-digit phone number plus a random area code: 555-867-5309.↻ Or you can go with a completely random phone number: 555-867-5309.↻
- Fake Social Security Number — Here's a fake one I just generated for you: 555-55-5555.↻
- Fake Date of Birth — Here's a randomly generated birthdate: 2000.01.01.↻ This should put you between 21 and 70 years old, inclusive.
Click here to regenerate the random numbers on this page, or click ↻ on each to regenerate individually.